How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10779
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I own a property with the freehold which consists of two self-contained

Customer Question

I own a property with the freehold which consists of two self-contained flat I wishto create a lease on one of the flats is it possible to own the freehold issue myself with a lease
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
I am afraid the same person can not grant themselves a Lease.
However, if you are married for example, and the Freehold is in your sole name, you can grant yourself and your Wife a Lease or vice versa.
If this is not feasible, the alternative would be to put the Freehold title into the name of a Management Company, for which you would be the Director, and you could then grant a Lease to yourself in your personal name. Setting up such a Company would cost you approx £500-£750.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
Kind Regards
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Can I assist you any further?
Kind Regards