How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10772
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I am a trustee of my deceased mothers property with my step

This answer was rated:

I am a trustee of my deceased mothers property with my step sister who is acting as power of attourney for her father. Myself and my brother are to share equally the proceeds from the sale of the property. The property is up for sale, but my brother has said he would like to purchase the property. We have been told we will have to pay capital gains tax he wants to purchase the property for half the market price (which he would give to me) will this be legal or will he have to pay full market price and then get half back.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

If your brother is legally entitled to half of the property, it is perfectly OK for him to proceed with the purchase and to pay only half of the value.

I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and 2 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you