How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Matt Jones Your Own Question
Matt Jones
Matt Jones, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 671
Experience:  I am a qualified and practicing Solicitor with over 7 years post qualification experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Matt Jones is online now

I'm buying a small piece of waste garden from my neighbour

This answer was rated:

I'm buying a small piece of waste garden from my neighbour for £1000. The land registry are telling me it does not appear to comply with the restriction in the register (17.04.1998) Restriction: except under an order of the register no transfer or lease by the proprietor of the land or by the proprietor of any registered charge is to be registered unless made in accordance with section 157 of the housing act 1985. What do I do.
Hi there I will try and help. Have you paid for the land?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No not yet
HI thank. This restriction is intended to prevent people form outside the area from buying up local land within a National Park. If you live and work in the area and have done for over 3 years then you should be OK. You will therefore need to write to the local authority (who will probably by the "Landlord" of the land - and if this is someone else then you need to contact them) who should give you consent under this Act of parliament. You can then proceed to purchase the land
Hopefully I have helped. If so kindly leave positive feedback so I can be paid for my time. the question wont close and if you have any follow up question late you can always post
Matt Jones and 2 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you