How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

A neighbour has built his conservatory wall on the boundary

This answer was rated:

A neighbour has built his conservatory wall on the boundary of the property we are buying, no 3rd party wall or any other written agreement in place, we want to extend and out and tie into this wall , can we do this ?
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.
I am not sure that this would be straightforward. You would probably not be able to do it without going through the party wall procedure.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was told by a 3rd party wall Surveyor that as the wall is already up there is little use trying for an agreement?
I am sorry I thought you were proposing to carry out work to the boundary wall?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I would either like to tie into this wall
If you are doing work to the party wall you will need to treat it as a party wall issue.
LondonlawyerJ and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you