Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister

Iam in the process of buying a flat. Today my solicitor advised

Iam in the process of buying a flat. Today my solicitor advised me that the Land Registry have informed her that the lease has 4 pages missing and I would be ill advised to proceed.
The vendor has contacted his solicitor who says it should not make any difference to any future sale I might have. Who is right? How can this be rectified legally? It seems to be impossible to get a copy of the original lease.
I would go with your solicitor. The terms of the lease are vitally important and I would imagine that a lender would wish this matter to be resolved as would any potential buyer. The seller would have to chase back the previous sellers of the property or the freeholder of the lease. I hope that this helps. Please rate positive