How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Ihave acommercial property where aletting agent let atenant

This answer was rated:

Ihave acommercial property where aletting agent let atenant in without alease .the tenant paid rent for the first two years but has not paid now for ayear and is just sitting there ideally I want the property back
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You need to write and ask them to quit within 28 days or say you will get a Court order. If they refuse then you can issue proceedings using form N5:
The Court will list the matter and decide whether to give possession. If the Court does and they refuse to leave then you can get bailiffs to evict.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how long will it take will the court grant possession when rent is 1year over due thanks