A Leylandi hedge planted directly behind the hedge which separates

A Leylandi hedge planted directly behind the hedge which separates my property from my neighbours is starting to take away light from my garden and house. Am I protected by an acceptable height that these trees can be allowed to grow?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you reported this to the Council at all please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I have not reported this to the local council

You should, as the Council may have planning laws on this. But you do have a right to light and this could be deemed a nuisance.
Therefore you can get a Solicitor to write and ask them to trim it, if it is not already established. If it a new tree there will be planning laws. If they refuse then you can seek a Court order.
You would need to complete forms N1:
And N16a
The Court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to order it should be trimmed. If the court does and they refuse this is contempt of Court. They would be warned, fined or sent to prison.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.