How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 33385
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

We bought a new house in 2013 and the ground work that it sits

This answer was rated:

we bought a new house in 2013 and the ground work that it sits on was not done correctly
and the house should have had four expansion joints they where not done .
the building company gave a option for buy back twelve months ago , we have sent them our figures they have not come back with an agreement or an alternative offer (just part
offers with no money stated . we have a lawyer working for us but they seem to be dragging it , nhbc wont get involved while we have a solicter.
so what is your qustion>
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what can we do to go Finnish this nightmare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we are retired couple with house for retirement we walls with cracks and the floor cracking and floor tiles breaking.
The key is sadly your solicitors. They need to start pressing the building company for a resolution of this matter. It should to have taken 12 months. I would be minded to write formally to the solicitors giving them a proposed deadline for resolution (you may have to be a little flexible on this) but you would want them to bring the matter to a proposed resolution prior to christmas. I would seek an explanation for the delay and your solicitor's proposals. You may have to consider escalating the matter if this can not be resolved. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
average thanks
Thats great but can you rate the stars as positive - thanks
ivorylounge and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you