How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I rent a property out and from the start I have charged a low

This answer was rated:

I rent a property out and from the start I have charged a low rent ,I was happy to execpt a low rent because the tenants looked after the house and in a way save me money on repairs I would have needed if I kept changing tenants
I was not aware they claimed housing benefit as the payment went to a letting agent.
now the council is saying this was a contrived tenancy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Who will be prosecuted and who will pay the overpayment
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
It would be the tenant and not you,
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you