How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I am the leaseholder of a hairdresser and started the process

Customer Question

I am the leaseholder of a hairdresser and started the process of transferring the lease into a new buyers name, but before any agreement, I allowed him into the property, but now he won't sign any agreement and will not vacate the premises, the police will not do anything. What court order do I need to legally get him out of my shop?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 year experience. I will try to answer this for you.
Can you give me some more information plaase? Is this a situation where he has taken over the whole shop and not paid you anything at all?
Was there any sort of agreement between you, verbal or written, before he moved in?
Have you moved out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your prompt response. Yes I have moved out since September and we had an agreement that he takes over the shop with the landlords prior consent and he was supposed to pay £39000 as premium. He paid £21000 upon getting into the shop and remaining was supposed to be by instalments. He hadn't made any instalment parents, landlord still wants rent from me and he is withdrawn from his decision to buy the lease and although he has damaged the shop and has stayed in rent free for over two months. He refuses to move out unless I give him back £21000 he has paid. Not only he has damaged and change the locks of the business, changes existing furniture and sign, he has also damaged my reputation.
I nod don't know if there is a court form specific to my situation where I can legally vacate him and calculate damages after he moves out. I have given him enough notice to either sign the lease and make the shop his or leave and I'll pay him back calculating my damages.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
I think this is quite a complex situation here and one that cannot really be dealt with on this site. The facts and law on this are potentially quite involved and there is a considerable sum of money in play. You really should be instructing a solicitor in the orthodox face to face way I am afraid on this.