How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 34907
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

If I occupy the property can I do some internal alterations

Customer Question

If I occupy the property can I do some internal alterations please?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Yes you can.
Does that help?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThe answer depends on what you mean by "internal alterations"If you mean putting up pictures or replacing the kitchen cabinets then yes you can - if you mean changing the structure altering walls etc then not without the permission of the ownersClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare
My next question. If I share the cottage with a lodger can I charge the lodger as we would share the amenities and council
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Yes you are fully entitled to do that!