How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My 6months assured tenancy agreement started 14/04/2014

This answer was rated:

My 6months assured tenancy agreement started 14/04/2014 and ended 10/10/2014 but I did not registered the deposit. I tried to evict the tenant but the judge dismissed the case.
I thought being the council tenant they wanted me to go through eviction process so they can be rehoused and they confirmed that they wanted the same.
I have told tenant that after full renovation I would increase the rent more that 10% as the market value of the property has increased.
I need to evict them but how to do it, I am not sure. I was advised to return their deposit by cheque in full wait for 7 days to clear and log in the new application to the court for eviction. I was also advised to serve the increase notice and give them 30 days, as they have periodical tenancy from October last year.
I need to know can I increase the rent without assured tenancy.
When to serve the notice and what to do with their deposit so I can lawfully evict them as they may turn up to the court saying that they did not want to cash the deposit?
I am new in this field and had very hard time with the tenants who is continuously damaging my property
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to:
1) protect the deposit now
2) serve a new section 21 notice
3) if they don't move then apply to the court for possession.
But you can't take any step to evict without the deposit being protected. As for rent increase you need to serve a section 10 notice giving the tenant a right to appeal the increase to rent tribunal.
Google search this form, you can get a template online.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my contact number ***********
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Alex will you be calling me now as I have 2 years old girl and she is sleeping now. Its good time for me