How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2457
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now
Property Law

Five years ago my partner and I bought a large property with

large garden. It is a... Show More
large garden. It is a freehold property and we decided that I should have the garden and ground floor which comprises two, one bedroom flats, one of which I live in and the other I rent out. My partner has the upper floor which she rents out and comprises a two bedroom flat and an attic which has previously been used as living space and could be converted to provide another 1 bedroom flat.
We now want to draw up a legal document whereby we can each have sole ownership of our respective parts of the house.
I understand from my solicitor that it is normal for the ground floor flat, which I live in, to hold the freehold title and the other flats within the building to hold leasehold titles.
It is our wish, however, for the freehold title to be held in our joint names and all of the flats to each have leasehold titles.
Please could you advise?
Kind regards
Ken Gibbons
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Show Less
Ask Your Own Property Law Question
replied 2 years ago.
HI there, can you just clarify is the question you want answering, are you able to put both of you as both joint owners of the Freehold and each have a leasehold title individually?
Matt Jones, Solicitor replied 2 years ago.
Hi Can you reply to the above so I can help further?