How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I purchased a 50% share of a flat with a Housing Association

This answer was rated:

I purchased a 50% share of a flat with a Housing Association (HA) 28 years ago with a 25% discounted market value. A new HA acquired the building more than 5 years ago. I gave notice to sell the flat and the HA first has the right to do so on my behalf. An offer of 50% of the value was made but the sale failed. I therefore gained permission to sell on the open market. I found a buyer and the HA sent a Pack, along with a letter to my Solicitor listing some requirements. The main is that the flat has to be sold at the discounted market value. This was not so in the previous case. I questioned the HA about this change of approach and they admitted that they were previously unaware.
Do I have a case against the HA for misleading me?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What will your loss be please?
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
I tried to call.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
At this point, I am not sure because I need to take into consideration additional cost other than the 25 per cent reduction.
Do you want me to call you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes! ***********