How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Is it only the lead tenant who is eligible reference

This answer was rated:

Hi, is it only the lead tenant who is eligible for a reference when coming out of a tenancy agreement?. Apparently I am the lead tenant and my partner wishes to leave the tenancy and go elsewhere. The landlord says it is hard to give a reference to someone who was simply on the tenancy for Landlord and Tenant Act Purposes.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Is your partner named on the tenancy at all?
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you