How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Could you advise me the procedure of putting a property in

Customer Question

Could you advise me the procedure of putting a property in Trust also is there a register where I can find out if a property has already been put in trust ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.What kind of Trust are you referring to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Myself and my husband are separated, have been for many years, but never divorced, my husband bought me out of our house in around 1995, I have been advised that he may have put our house in trust to our children then, which apparently would be between him, his solicitor and the inland revenue ? Is there a register or something I can check to see if he has ? If he hasn't how would we arrange this Trust ? I'm not sure if it has a specific name
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Are you on good terms with your husband - is this something he would want to do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not really on good terms with him but yes it would be something he would want to do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have very bad phone reception where I am at the minute
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Why would he wish to do this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because the equity is his and he wants his children to have it, regardless if he has a new relationship
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
There is no central Register although the land Registry Entries for the property would record any limitation on your husbands ability to sell the property (which there would be if there was a trust in place)You can check the Land Registry using the website he has not created a Trust then it is up to him whether or not he wishes to do so.If he does he will need to see a specialist Estate solicitor who will explain the pitfalls of the various options availablePlease ask if you need more detailsClare