How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My neighbour is refusing my workman access to his garden

This answer was rated:

Hi My neighbour is refusing my workman access to his garden to replace a leaking gutter on my property which is only accessible from his garden. Alas the leaking gutter is causing damp all down my internal wall.
My neighbour is a very unpleasant bully, what can I do.
Many thanks
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to ask a Solicitor to write and get him to allow access. He can not refuse as under access to neighboring land act 1992 he must give access for maintenance.
If he still refuses then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You would need to complete forms N208:
And N16a:
The Court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to grant access. If the Court does and he refuses this is contempt of Court which he could be warned, fined or sent to prison.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you