How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My step son who lives with me has a court... My step son who

Customer Question

My step son who lives with me has a court... My step son who lives with me has a court fine that he has not paid, he has had a removal notice today, I have rung them and they are saying they are going to take goods from my house that belong to me and not
to him for sale by public auction! Can they do this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
They can only take goods which belong to him. They can't take anything which belongs to you. This is just a threat to try and prompt payment, the reality is very rarely they do this.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?