How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

A declaration of trust has been

This answer was rated:

A declaration of trust has been created for me to buy a property with my partner and the mortgage is only in his name. It had been shared with the conveyancing solicitor and I have subsequently been sent a "letter oconsent'' to sign but have also been advised to seek professional advice first. It talks about any rights I have to the property will be postponed until the mortgage company exercise their rights etc.
Are you able to please look at it and provide advise on what I should do if I scan and send through to you?
HiThank you for your question and for asking for meI will be happy to look at the form for you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you how do I upload a document?

This is what site admin tell us
"To the left of the Send button, customers will see an "+ Add Files" link. Customers will click on that link and select file(s) that they'd like to share with you."
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no option to select files there is only a 'reply to expert' button and all this does is send what you write in this area?

I shall ask customer services to assist you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I called the because they locked my question. They advised I send to them for your attention via email. I have done this. Please may I ask you review and respond as soon as possible. Thank you

I have received it safely.
The form is necessary because the Mortgage Company want to be sure that you understand that no matter how much money you put in the property if it ha sto be sold, or if the mortgage falls into arrears then the Mortgage Company can force the sale of the property and they will get their money first.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, does this mean it will not affect the declaration of trust in place?

It shoudl not affect the Declaration of Trust at all - so long as your remember that - as always- the mortgage company get first bite at the money!
Clare and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you