How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have granted licences to a lady years of a flat,

Customer Question

I have granted licences to a lady for many years of a flat, regretfully for the last six months she has not paid me any rent so I want to put her out, what can I do, I assume I just cannot change the lock on the hall door of the flat.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified solicitor.
Hi no you cannot just change the locks and the procedure will depend on a number of factors. Please confirm:
- it is in fact a licence and not a tenancy agreement
- if you live in the same flat as the licensee
- when the licence was granted
- when the licence expires
I will then be able to expand more and provide further information.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.