How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have made a profit of £20,000 on selling a rented flat, I

This answer was rated:

I have made a profit of £20,000 on selling a rented flat, I have lost £10,000 on shares in a property company gone into liquidation, can I offset this loss or will I pay Capital Gains on the £20k
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No, you can offset it. That is because you have made a gain and a loss in a year and they can be offset.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you