How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We have a problem with leylanddi tree from our next

Customer Question

hell we have a problem with leylanddi tree from our next doors garden they are now 25 feet high and are damaging our wall . we have tried numerous way to contact them with out success. and have tried mediation costing us £150.00 what should we do now it ois illegal for these type of tree to be over 2 metres high what should we do can we get a court order to have them trim back
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have you tried the Council yet please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we have tried mediation and the council with out any positive action. i want to take it further what are our options please. michael
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
You can seek an injunction as it is a nuisance.You need to write and ask that they trim it and if they refuse say you will go to Court.
You would need to complete form N208:
And N16a:
The court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to grant an injunction. If the Court grants this and they refuse to do anything then that is contempt of Court for which they can be warned, fined or sent to prison.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: