How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My name is ***** ***** I am a tenant in the property without

Customer Question

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a tenant in the property without tenant agreement. I have got only sign deposit agreement but that's all. The landlord as I find is not even registered in Landlord register or with HM Revenue at all. If I like to leave the property earlier that in one month. What I have to do? Thank you!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
How much is your deposit and where is it held? How long have you been at the property?
As you do not have a tenancy all you need to do is give 21 days notice to vacate the property. I would not suggest that you try to leave earlier than this unless the landlord agrees this (and make sure all correspondence and agreements are in writing).
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please rate my response positively if you found it helpful - I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you!