How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have rented a flat from a landlord, also have rented two

This answer was rated:

I have rented a flat from a landlord, also have rented two rooms out of this flat. My original Shot Hold Tenancy had a close that allowed me to do that.( I have sublet 2 rooms). The landlord knows about it. My tenants have a lodger agreement with me. One of them is not paying the rent. I have to give him notice? Am I in the wrong?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
To be clear you have an assured short hold tenancy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are not m the wrong, he is a lodger. You need to give him notice to leave, which is the same as how often the rent is, ie weekly or monthly. If he doesn't move then you can just change the locks. You don't need a court order.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes , please. In case a lodger pays weekly the notice for quit is only a week?
Yes If he pays weekly.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In the future maybe. Thank you for your help.
Good luck.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you