How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 34907
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Is there some sort of charge i can put on a property to

This answer was rated:

Hi, Is there some sort of charge i can put on a property to warn potential lenders that the property is currently under dispute (ownership) and is going through the court process? Thanks House is in Wales

HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat is the nature of the proceedings?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sole Ownership of the property.

What is the basis of the claim?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


The basis is that the house was left to me in my fathers will. My father owned it but a few years ago needed a mortgage so as he was unmortgagable put the house in my brothers name. Since my fathers death my brother has stated it is his. I have mounts of documentation stating the fact he was put on the registry purely for motgage purposes and it was my dads house. I releaise the Mortgage will be another battle and will most likely have to pay it. I just want to stop him getting any further funding on it while this is in progress.

You can certainly Register your potential claim at the land Registry with a Unilateral Notice
Details here
and here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you