How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10738
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I am buying three flats which will i convert into one

Customer Question

Hi - I am buying three flats which will i convert into one detached residential house (think originally it may have been one detached house) - Will I need change of use?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Yes- you certainly will need to apply for planning permission for change of use back to a single residential property (even if it used to be a single dwelling before the conversion into flats).

I hope this clarifies the position and answers your question.

Kind Regards