How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Conveyancing. I am a paralegal. My client is selling her

This answer was rated:

I am a paralegal.
My client is selling her Father's property acting under a power of attorney.
I am amending a TR1.
At box 4 the purchasers solicitors have written "[Transferor's Name] acting by his Attorney [Attorney's Name]".
At box 12, they have written "SIGNED as a Deed by [Transferor's Name]".
1. Is the wording at box 4 correct?
2. Is the wording at box 12 correct, or should this say "SIGNED as a Deed by [Transferor's Name[ acting by his Attorney [Attorney's Name].
I am not sure that the words "acting by his Attorney" are clear enough English.
The wording in both boxes 4 and 12 is correct. A copy of the Power of Attorney should be attached to the TR1.
All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you