How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 823
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

My tenant breached a 12 month AST by abandoning the house without

This answer was rated:

My tenant breached a 12 month AST by abandoning the house without agreement from landlord. The tenancy they signed is regulated by the Housing Act 1988. Dies the landlord have a legal right to claim rent for the full term of the tenancy agreement? if so under what law?
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
Yes he can. This would be under the terms of the tenancy agreement. A breach of contract action in other words. Probably issued as a money claim in the small claims track.
LondonlawyerJ and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Under what section of law is this applicable to?
There is no particular section. It is the long established principles of contract law.