How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm with 20+ years legal experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I recently purchased an apartment from auction. The

This answer was rated:

I recently purchased an apartment from auction. The information on the legal questions stated that the heating was in full working order. It was not. I have it in writing from the managing agents that the tenants had reported it faulty and assured me it was already in hand and would be mended before I completed on the purchase. It has cost me £280 to fix. Also in the information pack it stated a list of all the white goods including a fridge freezer. And stated rubbish would be cleared out prior to completion. The fridge freezer was not working and cost me £110 to repair. As this was included as white goods, surely it should have been working - if not it should have been excluded from the list and taken away as rubbish.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Do you have a question about this matter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes do I have a claim against the vendor to reimburse me these costs.
Based on the information you have given you do have a claim for breach of contract based on misrepresentation. I suggest you right to the seller setting out the full details of your claim and give them 14 days to reimburse you. If they fail to do that you can make a claim in the County Court under the small claims procedure. The Ministry of Justice has an online portal for such claims which you can find at
Alice H and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you