How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm with 20+ years legal experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I have a question on a housing disrepair matter. my local

This answer was rated:

hi i have a question on a housing disrepair matter.
my local authority is the landlord. i had a leak caused by their workmen that took 3 years to repair. i went through all the correct procedures to try to resolve. i had to get a solicitor to help they did manage to get them to make progress so the repairs were completed my whole property had to be redecorated. i am now claiming damages. my solicitor had to be let go due to their poor service. i am now representing my self. the landlord made a without prejudice offer very question is how do i turn down the offer in a legal way, and how do i make an offer?
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How much is the offer and what are you hoping you obtain?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
through my research and solicitor advice i hope to obtain not more than £21,000 not less than £13.000 they offered £4.768 plus£1000 good will gesture. Although there was no admittance of what the payment offer is for it was just 'for your disrepair matter we offer you...' they are giving 25%of my rent back for 3yrs
OK and have you provided the landlord with all the reports / evidence you have in support of your claim? Is this the first offer you have received?
Alice H and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you