How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Im not a landlord im just getting a mortgage with my new partner,

Customer Question

im not a landlord im just getting a mortgage with my new partner, but my name is ***** ***** mortgage with my ex wife, how do i stand with this new stamp duty land tax as we are about to bye a house together, Thanks Andrew
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. If your name is ***** ***** title of your former matrimonial home, then the purchase of the new property will be considered a second home as you will still have a legal interest in the previous property. Have you divorced and has there been a financial settlement with your wife?
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.