How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Ive lived in a property in july the landlord

This answer was rated:

ive lived in a property for 10years in july the landlord abandoned this property after about 3 months of me moving in due to our neighbour caused our house to flood as he had capped of our sewage pipe the house needed loads of working doing to it he asked me to sign the insurance papers which is what i did then afer that he didnt come and do the works the enironmental health issued him loads of warning but he stil didnt respond since then my housing benefit gets paid to me which i have to use to maintain this property as we no longer have any contact details for this landlord is there anyway this house would become mine and if so how do i go about sorting it out ?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Have you claimed adverse possession via the Land Registry?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no i havent how do i do that ?
Ok - you need to complete some forms and send them to the Land Registry.Please see here: that help?Alex
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so do i have to wait till july before i submit these docuements and what are my chances
Chances are very good!Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what if the landlord opposes the request
Then your claim for adverse possession will fail - but if he has abandoned it, may just not be interested.