How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Whilst we were away our neighbour moved a fence onto our property

This answer was rated:

Whilst we were away our neighbour moved a fence onto our property without our consent He has written confirming his actions. One small cross bar is causing us distress, are we at liberty to remove this
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What is it you want to achieve please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to remove the offending bar to the fence
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
about 1 ft in length
ok you need to write and ask that they remove the bar. If they refuse then you can get a local solicitor to write and ask that it is removed otherwise you will issue proceedings.If they refuse then you can issue proceedings for removal of the bar. The matter will be set down for a hearing and a judge will decide whether to order it removed.If the court does and they refuse, this is contempt of court which they can be warned, fined or sent to prison.Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you