Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.

Can I put in a notice to quit without the permission of the

Can I put in a notice to quit without the permission of the other tenants? I am in a joint tenancy agreement with a 6 month break clause
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstCould you explain a little more about the background to your question please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a joint tenancy agreement with 4 other people. I have left the property and am looking to end the contract, I have researched and found that I can possibly put a notice to quit. I have a 12 month contract with a 6 month break clause. The break clause comes in on March 14th. The other 4 tenants have obstructed me from subletting so my option now is to end the tenancy but I was enquiring as to whether I can do this without their permission?
That depends on the wording of the agreement and the clause - can you give them for me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is the tenancy agreement template, ours looks the same
Okassuming that it is indeed the same yes you can give Notice yourself that is binding on the others - but if they do not move out then you are equally liable for ehe costs of the default - which could be large!Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what do you mean by costs of the default?
And how am i best to put in a notice to quit?