How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have been renting a flat 2 months, with a one year

This answer was rated:

I have been renting a flat for now 2 months, with a one year contract. The issue I have is that there is no phone line neither broadband. What should I do? What I am allowed to claim from my landlord?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Was one advertised or included in the contract agreement for the property please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was not clearly specified, but the landlord had to include the Fixtures and Fittings in the Premises including all items specified in the Inventory and Schedule of Condition.
ok. Does it include in the fixtures and fittings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
“Fixtures and Fittings” include reference to the fixtures, fittings, furniture, effects, floor, ceiling or wall coverings, and equipment and appliances belonging to the Landlord.
So is the socket there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Switches and sockets more precisely.
Ok. The landlord isn't responsible for a phone line or broadband unless it's included in the lease. If you want broadband you could get one and see if a provider will do a short contract. if not, you could get a dongle or mifi.But sadly unless it was agreed the landlord is not liable.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you