How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My previous private landlord don't want to provide me a copy

Customer Question

My previous private landlord don't want to provide me a copy of tenancy agreement. I just rented a room for 2 years and all bills were included in rent. Suddenly after a few months of living there I received a water bill on my name. Landlord was informed about this, but simply ignored it. As I find out later, after moved out, I receiver another water bill for all house. I try to contact with previous labdlord, but he is ignoring me all the time. Is not responding on any calls or letters. What can I do to get that copy. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.You can request a copy under the data protection act. He is obliged to send you a copy within 40 days.If not then you could seek a court order demanding he dliecrf you up a copy, if he them refuses this is contempt of court which he could be warned, fined or sent to prison.Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?Alex