How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My husband has an employee who has changed the business

This answer was rated:

Hi, my husband has an employee who has changed the business premises lease into his own name and now threatening to evict my husband so that the employee can start his own business using the reputation and location of my husbands company! Only found out about this today and not sure how to resolve this. Any advice much appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My husband has evidence of fraudulent activity and theft from the business. He would like to remove the employee and retain the premises. Can he enforce the lease is changed to the business name or does the employee have a right the lease even when he changed it without the business owners knowledge?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.How did he change it please? I assume your husband is still paying the rent?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, the property ownership transferred to a new landlord and in this process the employee has put his name on the agreement instead of the business name or my husbands name as owner, he has now announced that he wishes to split the business service offering and take part of this and has threatened my husband that he either allows this to happen or he will evict him! We are very shocked!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No rent has been paid yet to the new landlord as far as I am aware.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I can't chat on the phone as I have all 3 children with me today.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, is anyone assisting me?
Sorry I was just on a conference call. Has your husband spoken to the owner about the true tenant? Has your husband been paying the true Landlord?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My husband will be calling the new landlord on Monday morning to try and correct it but is keen to change the locks on the premises and dismiss the employee affective immediately as he is concerned that the employee will commit further theft.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No rent has been paid to the new landlord yet.
Yes I would agree. He should speak with the Landlord and call the Police. This is FRAUD. He could be arrested and sent to prison for this.He can also seek a court order to have the lease transferred into his own name.He would need to complete form N1: court would send a copy to the employee and list the matter for hearing.The court would then decide whether to transfer the lease.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The rating was accidental my son clicked it
Is there something else you need to know about this pleaseAlex