How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JustAnswerKM Your Own Question
JustAnswerKM, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 42
Experience:  Court of Protection, civil litigation, divorce and inheritance
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
JustAnswerKM is online now

There. My friend is being evicted from housing association

Customer Question

Hi there. My friend is being evicted from housing association accommodation, owned by the council - which the council wants to reclaim. She has a few days left and is feeling pretty helpless because she says she cannot find anywhere to live because she is on housing benefit and most landlords will not accept tenants who are on benefit. She also says that the council is under no obligation to rehouse her even though she has nowhere to go. What can you advise? What recourse does she have? Many thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  JustAnswerKM replied 2 years ago.
Good morning Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your friend's situation.Your friend can contact a housing charity like Shelter, please click on the link: or call the helpline 0808(###) ###-####Your friend can get free advice on all matters concerning homelessness and find out if she is eligible for emergency housing. I hope that helps.Best of luck, Kind regards Krystel