How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I help to manage a small block of flats that provides

This answer was rated:

I help to manage a small block of flats that provides two demised parking spaces for each lessee. In common with many such blocks, visitor parking is minimal but we have been able to utilise some space on the access road directly outside the block with the consent of the freeholders who owns the space on their private road. For the benefit of 42 flats, we have achieved just seven visitor spaces but one lessee is demanding that we assign one of these spaces for his disabled wife, bearing in mind they already have their two demised parking spaces in the immediately adjacent communal garage. Please confirm what are our obligations to provide an additional disabled space in this situation.
Thank you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.On what basis do they say two spaces are not enough please?Alex
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Before I agree to pay £38 please confirm whether this is in addition to £26 I have already committed to if I am happy with the service offered. To answer your question, they do not say two spaces are not enough. They say these are not easily accessible for the wife and therefore want a disabled space that would be closer to their flat. The husband drives the car to and from the garage and seems to think a designated disabled space will remain empty for their use.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My telephone number is *****(###) ###-####
When would be good to call?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Alex,
Pleased to hear from you.
I would be pleased to speak but as I have paid only £26, I understand I am only entitled to email conversations. Please advise. However, I believe clarification of my original question could be achieved by email without having to pay a further £37 for a telephone discussion. What I need to know is whether our Residents Management Company (of which I am chairman) or the freehold company, have any legal obligation to provide disabled parking space(s) on our private access road for residents or visiting guests. This should be read with my original question of 9th March. Thank you.
I think you have accepted the telephone call, so I can ring you. When would be good to discuss your case?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
It would seem that the only way I can respond to you by email is to click adjacent to this box. As I have already stated, I wish to communicate by email at a cost of £26. I do not wish to incur a further cost of £37 at this time. I have already explained this to your customer satisfaction team and do not expect a charge for a discussion by telephone. Their records will show my history and that they have already credited two wrongly charged amounts. Please pass this on to your charging department and respond with your considered answer to my proper question and subsequent follow-ups initiated by your emails. If you insist on a telephone conversation, kindly confirm this will be charged once at £26.
On what basis do the tenant saying two spaces are not enough?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not understand why you are asking me this question again! Perhaps you could explain how this is relevant.
I simply wish to know whether there is a legal obligation to provide a parking space on private property, specifically designated for disabled. I must repeat again that I have not agreed an offer of live discussion via phone.
Is it a legal obligation - no. Not unless the lease allows specifically for this.
Can I clarify anything for you? Alex