How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am being threatened with Warrant of Entry under Gas Act 1986

This answer was rated:

I am being threatened with Warrant of Entry under Gas Act 1986 to carry out a Gas Safety Inspection, I’ve attempted to make an appointment several times without success.
Where do I stand?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.In what was have you attempted? Have they failed to turn up?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have attempted to contact the number of times by phone and at least once by email, They keep promising a phone call back which never comes.
Have you got a copy of the email sent to them? Did they just not reply?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
See attached, Have not had a reply yet.
Ok keep all this. Then If they apply to court for a warrant then you can show the judge the attempts that you have made.The issue would be resolved in costs. That means they won't get their costs.But keep records of all attempts.Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does this mean the case would not be valid?
It would but they wouldn't get any costs.
Does that help?Alex,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm just trying to understand. I don't want the property wrecked on force entry, especially when I have not prevented them from entering.
No they can't do that, it would be with a locksmith. But a court would have to order this. You could turn up and contest it as you would be given notice of any court hearing.
Does that help?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So I could then give my evidence I have tried to accommodate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also can one assume if I have proof I have contacted them to make the appointment but they have not kept their side the contract that they would not have a valid reason for a warrant?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still there?
Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also I do have recording of the phone call to both the energy company and the metering company on Friday 11 Mar, unfortunately I didn't notify them it was being recorded. Anyway I could use that or could it cause more trouble than it's worth?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In the recording was an assurance I would get a call back the same day i.e. Friday
well that's ok, you could still use it.
Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it a legal requirement to tell someone you are recording them??
Good luck.Alex
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I just clarify regarding the recording, What is the situation if you don't tell someone it is being recorded?
(My last question)
Thanks for your help.
you should tell them, but you could still use it as evidence with permission of the court
Does that clairfy?Alex
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks
you are welcome. Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Alex, Following on from the other day, do you think there is any likelihood of me being able to bring a reverse charge on them?
It has obviously cost money and an awful lot of time already.
Possible. Depends on the judge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could you elaborate on that a bit?
You asked if you could bring a counter claim, if you have suffered a loss yes. Otherwise no.