How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10772
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My mother and I owned our house Tenants in common when she

This answer was rated:

My mother and I owned our house Tenants in common when she died her will left her half in a life interest trust where I am the life tenant. What changes need to be made to the land registry?
Hi,The Deeds can remain as they are, as there will be a restriction on the title showing that you hold the property as tenants in common, and thus preventing you from selling the property on your own.However, a straight forward Transfer should be prepared, transferring the property to you and your Mother's Executor(s), as tenants in common. This should then be registered at the Land Registry.I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.Kind RegardsAl
Aston Lawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you