How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

The kand adjacent to us has been sold . it has

Customer Question

The kand adjacent to us has been sold for development. it has been partly cleared and we fir the past 9 months we have a view if unsightly rubbish from every front window. The builder cannit say if or even when he intends to begin work. The council refuse to act until the rubbish has been there fir three years! what to do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
should read land of course
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.On what basis do the Council refuse please?Is this building waste or other rubbish?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The council say that it would have to be three years before they intervene as that is their policy. they have also said that the builderintends to start work soon when in dact there is a dispute with another landowner with regards ***** ***** and laying of essential services. this dispute us ongoing and no signs of resolution.
The waste is garden rubbish, plastic and paper, corrugated sheets timber etc.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
are there any noise or smells coming from the rubbish?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Its bad news then I am afraid to say. If it does not look nice sadly there is nothing in the Environmental Protection Act that can help you.If there were noise or smells then you could seek a Court order under the Act to limit this.But on the basis there are no noise or smells coming from it, there is nothing you can do.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for clarity
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Good luckAlex
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: