How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My landlord is claiming cost payment of service

Customer Question

hello, my landlord is claiming cost for non payment of service charge. They are claiming cost in the small claims court citing indemnity clause in the lease.
The lease they have provided (also submitted to the land registry) has the wrong apartment number and is not signed by me. I don't recall agreeing to the the indemnity clause. Can they claim cost in the small claims court without a valid lease?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.If its the wrong lease, you didnt sign it and it mentions nothing about indemnity clause then no.They can only claim what the lease allows.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex