How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Several years ago I owned a property and took the tenant to

This answer was rated:

Several years ago I owned a property and took the tenant to court for failure to pay the rent prior to evicting them. I would now like to enforce this CCJ. How do I do it? The judgement is now more than 10 years old.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Because its over 6 years old you need to make an application to enforce and permission.You need to complete form N244: is a Court fee of £50 to pay.If the Court gives permission you can then enforce it by:1) Sending in bailiffs2) Charge on property3) Attachment to earnings4) Make bankrupt if its over £5000Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you