How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Please can you help me with the following problem. My mother

Customer Question

Please can you help me with the following problem.
My mother passed away on Dec 29 2014 and we inherited a small flat worth now in the process of being sold and valued at £150,000. She left the property to her 3 sons (my brothers and I). Sadly my eldest brother (one of the executors) passed away on 12th March 2016 - just recently. He has one son.
Does his share of the house pass onto his son if he has not left a clause stating this in his own will? Does his share go to the remaining two brothers?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.Since your brother was alive when your mother died his share of her estate now passes into HIS estate to be distributed in accordance with his Will (or the Intestacy rules)I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare