How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 71140
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

I need to return the keys to the landlord. However, I do not

This answer was rated:

I need to return the keys to the landlord. However, I do not have availability for the times he wants to go through the inventory checkout. I have already vacated the property and got it professionally cleaned, taken pictures and videos. Can I just post the keys to the landlord?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I ask a solicitor to deal with the landlord on my behalf do the handover?
Is there any reason you think you may not be able to ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lets put it this way. I do not want to see the landlord again. Can I get a solicitor to represent me. Is this a possibility?
I suppose a solicitor would be wiling to do anything for a fee but I do not think there is a need here.Just return the keys by post. That is perfectly fine. it needs to be secure post of course. You could always use a courier if you think he is going to lie and say the keys weren't returned.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Remus2004 and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you