How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

I moved into my fiancees house 3 months ago when we got

Customer Question

I moved into my fiancees house 3 months ago when we got engaged. I paid off her outstanding mortgage with Lloyds Bank via funds in my bank acc**t. However she now refuses to put me on the deeds of the property. I paid the mortgage in good faith. However I have no written agreement relating to the payment. Can I get my money back?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. Please may I ask: - are you still planning to be married?- how much did you pay off the mortgage?- do either of you have any minor children living with you? Kind Regards Caroline