How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 12089
Experience:  30 years experience in property law.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Me and my partner combined savings and purchased a flat

Customer Question

Me and my partner combined savings and purchased a flat glasgow scotland. is my partner entitled to carry out the changes (wallpapering, and window replacement) and replace tiles, without my consent and knowledge? we are not married
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
if the property is in joint names then both of you have to agree to do any repairs and maintenance. I take it you are now separated. Happy to discuss further.