How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

If I let out a large number of rooms in my home, can

This answer was rated:

Hello. If I let out a large number of rooms in my home, can the council force me to register as an HMO, even though I am living in the property?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.The term HMO was brought into usage in 2004 when the Housing Act of that year defined a House in Multiple Occupation as a house with more than 3 unrelated people sharing, forming two or more households. Therefore even if you are a live in landlord and there are more than 3 unrelated people sharing, it is a HMOCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you