How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I own and rent out a flat whereby the buildings insurance is

This answer was rated:

I own and rent out a flat whereby the buildings insurance is required to be a joint policy with the owner occupied flat upstairs. I have recently tried to get a new buildings insurance quote as the current provider's renewal quote has become too expensive. I have been advised to search for brokers that deal with 'block policies' and have found one such company who has offered me a reasonable quote however, it is based on me adhering to the Fire Safety Order 2005.
My question is, do you think this policy is applicable to my situation and if not, do you have any recommendations on how I go about searching for alternative insurance quotes?
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please continue Nicola.


We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Are you the freeholder too?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I am.

Thanks. The Fire Safety Order 2005 means that any person who has some level of control in premises must take reasonable steps to reduce the risk from fire and make sure people can safely escape if there is a fire.Therefore if you have some sort of control you are responsible for reducing the risk. You need to consider whether you are happy to do this.More information can be found here: I clarify anything for you?Alex
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Alex.

Apologies for the late rating, it took some time for just answer to find an expert and been away for the weekend.

Will be in touch if we need further info.

Thanks again